Tuesday, April 15, 2014

What up Tuesday?

What up Tuesday? I heard you wanted a blog about you.  Heard you were getting a little jealous of Monday, so What up Tuesday?!?

What up Laundry?  Boys pants and shorts hanging in the sun, soaking up the vitamin D for us.  I wonder often why you can't do yourself and then something crazy happens while I'm hanging you on the line.  I get time to think and time to soak up the sun and time to pray for the wearers of all those clothes.  


What up Green Thing?  You've returned my long lost friend.  I was beginning to think you might stay away forever and then there you are peaking out.  Welcome back Green Thing, we've missed you!


What up Algebra?  Oh, simultaneous equations, how you have baffled brains everywhere, but not in this house. We will toil and work until we have mastered your nuance and harnessed your power.  X and Y have nothing on us.


What up Iced Coffee? Nope I'm not addicted to you, I could leave you behind anytime, just not this week.  How about we break up at the end of school, but then there will be camps and trips and late summer nights and then fall and school starts again.  Yep, we won't be breaking up anytime soon


What up Time?  You keep moving on, I beg you to stop or slow down and let me cherish this moment a  little longer, but Time you keep on.  Time you remind me to pray, to be intentional, to seize the moment.  You, Time, who were established by our Creator and obey only Him.  You who are governed by the sun.  The same sun that worships the Creator. Time, do you also whisper Jesus name?  Maybe your ticking is not so daunting if instead I hear, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.


What up Pens?  You make me happy, pink, teal, burgundy just begging to color my life.  Planning just gets a little bit more fun with you in my hand.  What color will I feel like today?  I"m thinking its an orange kinda day.


What up Blue Chair?  You beg me to come sit and rest awhile.  Read and recharge.  Think and ponder. Here I am ready to hear, ready to listen, ready for perspective.  Thank you for greeting me with joy and letting me rest the weight of my soul.


What up Tuesday?  You are a miracle.  Another 24 hours to live and breathe and learn.  Thank you for your many gifts, the laughter of friends, the warmth of the sun, the prayers of team mates, the hugs of kids and the beauty of creation.  See ya next week!  Can't wait to see what other surprises you have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment