Monday, April 14, 2014

Hey There!

Hey there Monday!  I secretly love you. Greeting me with a new beginning, wiping away the exhaustion, the fatigue, the weariness of last week.  Moving forward.  A new week to guard my heart and set my course.



Hey there Cupcake!  Chocolate yummyness,  explosion survivor, peanut butter magnificence.  You make Monday afternoon a secret get away.


Hey there Spelling Test!  You make me smarter.  It's a second chance for me to be the spelling ace rather than the spelling dunce.  You are the excuse for the coffee, dark and rich. I love the rhythm of spelling the words.... h-i-n-g-e.


Speaking of coffee... Hey there French Press!  You who secretly call out my name, quiet at first but by 2pm screaming my name...Cristine (with the hint of a French accent).  You who make the coffee taste so rich.  I love your ease and simplicity and long for it in my own life.


Hey there Writing Machine!  You call my name and beg me to put my words on paper.  I decline.  I procrastinate.  Deadlines approach.  And you quietly call my name.  New week, new Monday, let's hang out and write.


Hey there New Lens!  Everything looks different through you.  I can focus on what I need to and while the rest fades into the background.  I am choosing to focus on the most important things and people and leave behind all that distracts.  


Hey there Fresh Perspective!  Thanks for knocking on my door this morning.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a novel way of recording your events of a day....I like it.

    ReplyDelete