Thursday, February 28, 2013

Warrior Women

I have always wanted to be a warrior.  I want to fight important battles and save the world.  I have always wanted to be important, I want to have something to offer the world.

This morning it hit me, a realization that some great warrior women have influenced me, have been a part of my life and they are now in the presence of their King, worshiping.  Their earthly prayer and worship has become a heavenly offering.  Each of these warriors that have left this earth over the last year, spent time praying for me.  I will never forget being a scared teenager, the night before a surgery and getting a phone call from one of these amazing women and she prayed for me and encouraged me and reminded me of who I was in Christ.  Another one of these women prayed faithfully for our youngest and was always quick to check-up on him and his health.  Some of these women prayed for my mom before she was my mom, before she was a Crocker and prayed for me through childhood and adolescence and into adulthood.  I look at the children in my life, will I be that for them?

These women died with Christ on their lips.  They inhaled Christ and exhaled prayer and praise.  That is who I want to be, I have asked myself over the last week, do I need to be in my nineties or can I do it now, can I be a warrior like that now.  In the kingdom of our God, being a warrior is not about tackling important problems in my own strength but taking it to the throne of my King.

May I be a warrior that inhales Christ and exhales prayer and praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment