Thursday, February 14, 2013

Just Another Day....

Today I had plans, not a lot of plans, but plans. I planned on dropping my oldest off to board a bus to begin her first solo adventure. I planned on returning to Torrington. I planned on going to coffee with a friend and I planned on going on a date with my husband. The day started as planned, I did drop my oldest off, I didn't plan on crying, but I did. And then all our plans dissolved. It was snowing and the weather cam on 85 looked sketchy, so we thought we'd wait a bit. Then our youngest, who has been sick for a week got progressively worse, so we stayed longer and our day changed and became something beautiful. Yes, I cared for a sick one, but I also did some school planning and some blogging and some reading and some worship service dreaming. Nana took care of the two boys and we went to the library for coffee and to check out this one book that I wanted...

and we came home, with these (nothing more romantic than roaming the stacks)....

and then we went to get gifts for each other, Vans for him and Toms for me...

and now for a night of temp taking, making the little one comfortable, reading and on this Valentine's Day, enjoying the life we've made together.  It's not all roses and dinners.  Its parenting and ministry. Its being a team.  It may not have been one of the most romantic Valentines but it was one of the most satisfying. I love the life we created. I love the ways we are learning to love each other. I love our story.



2 comments:

  1. This made me a little bit teary. Thanks for crafting your thoughts so beautifully. This gives me a new goal/plan for Valentine's Day. Seems like V-Day is a great day each year to intentionally love/appreciate the life I have--as it is, in that moment. It is incredible to me that despite my perpetual longing for the extravagant or exceptional moments of life, it is actually the ordinary things that ultimately carry with them the most meaning and satisfaction. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got toms!!!!! goodness...you posted 2 blog posts that made me tear up tonight. you're on a roll. cut it out. :) what a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete