Friday, September 30, 2011

My Tree

I wrote this little paragraph awhile ago... when I had a tree to sit under.  But I keep rereading it because it is such a great reminder of where I've been and where I"m going.

I love the shade under my tree.  I love its canopy of leaves, the rustling of the wind, the sound of the bids.  It was once my favorite spot to sit with Jesus.  But as time went on I lost interest, I was too busy to sit with Jesus, too hurt to sit with Jesus.  I was caught up with striving.  Striving to be a godly woman, striving to be a godly wife, striving to be a good, striving to have a clean house and yet never becoming one of these things. Actually, I've been moving further and further away and really I was too tired to care.  But slowly and ever so gently Jesus has been calling me back to my chair on the porch under the bright green canopy of leaves.  In this chair, I'm just sitting with Jesus and I'm ceasing to strive.

"You are like Gilead to me"

No comments:

Post a Comment