Saturday, March 1, 2014

before its too late....

When is it too late, too late to show up to a party, too late to call a friend, too late to pay a bill, too late for the rain to fall, too late for a library book to be found, too late to say, "I'm sorry".

As humans we can't seem to get the timing right. When it comes to spending money, we spend too soon. When it comes to bailing on a hard situation, we jump ship before the refining is complete. But when it comes to resolving relationship we wait too long.

Before GPS, Paul and I noticed that we gave up finding the location just before our turn off. We even had to start disciplining ourselves to say, we always quit too soon, we better drive a little longer.

There are so many things I'm tempted to quit on, not go the extra mile. There are so many times I don't want to wait on God to provide, I want to do it in my own timing. I want to learn to be quick to say I'm sorry and slow to be angry. Its so easy to do it backwards... quick to be angry, slow to say I'm sorry.

But God is not like us, everything happens when it should. He provides the rain before its too late. He provides for our needs at just the right time. He brings us our children at just the right time. He heals our hearts before its too late.

God, grant me the humility to stick with you, to submit to your timing. To be present with you in the moment you have placed me. To love deeply those around me by remembering to be quick to apologize and slow to anger. Grant me the peace to stick to your pace, not to run ahead and the focus to not be distracted. God, you are never late. You established time, you command time, you are not worried about time. So right here, right now I submit myself to your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment