Friday, July 20, 2012

Fabulous Favorite Friday... Prologue


In the prologue to Don Quixote, Cervantes tells the readers about some of the quirks and faults of his leading man.  It has lead me to think about what my prologue might sound like.  What quirks and faults would the author of my story feel compelled to address.  Would he explain to you why I'm quirky or how I came to be this way?  Who knows....

The author would most certainly tell you about the many cast of characters in my story.  He would most certainly start with my family, both immediate and extended.  He might even tell you about a day in July when some of the extended family got together to hike in the Bluffs behind the ranch and pick some chokecherries (so that we might have yummy jelly and syrup).  He would tell you about the laughter of children and the sarcasm of adults, the heat of the sun as they walked up onto the bluff and the cool of the cave, the sticky red chokecherries on fingers and the icepops after coming off the bluff.  Oh, what a story that would be.












No comments:

Post a Comment