Friday, February 10, 2012

Favorite Five Friday.....Maranatha

Just last weekend we were at one of my favorite places, Maranatha Bible Camp in Nebraska.  Paul was leading the Continuous Worship Conference and I was enjoying time with the kids and some friends.  Maranatha has been a part of my life since I was child.  Camp was always a part of my summer both as a camper and as my dad's shadow while he directed camps or had meetings.  So many of the physical things about camp have changed, but at the core it always stays the same. 

I wander amongst the trees, smell the cedar, feel the smooshy dirt under my feet and listen for God's still small voice......


or sit along the lake...... 


or play and explore with my kids.... 




or I can even act like a kid, you should've seen me on the tire swing. I haven't laughed that much in a long time.  Too bad nobody took a picture of that one.

or I can reflect on the work of Christ and what that has meant to my life.  The boys and I tromped through the snow and when we came to the cross my heart bowed in worship as I was reminded that it is the work of the cross that washes me white as snow.  So often I don't feel very clean on the inside but Jesus covers all of that, renews my heart and bends my knee in worship.





2 comments:

  1. I don't have childhood memories but I am so thankful for maranatha....and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. christian retreat centers in nebraska, your Maranatha Bible Camps, have been here for the past 70 years and considering that it not a profit organization it could hardly meet its expenses versus the little earnings it could get.
    What made this camp survive is the heroic act of volunteerism by many – individuals, groups, families and organizations. Each year, the camp site is estimated to need about a thousand people to do various chores – clean up, help with cabin and others. In fact, we have volunteer prayer warriors as well. During summer, we need more volunteers.

    ReplyDelete