Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012

Its amazing how years come and go whether we want them to or not.  Some years have come with a flurry of excitement, some with dread and others with peace.  2012 comes with expectation.... I'm expecting big things to happen.  But with that expectation comes fear.  I hadn't really put my finger on the fear I was feeling until I read another blog, "A Holy Experience", http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/01/what-the-new-year-needs-most/.

After reading her thoughts and feelings as she entered the new year, it dawned on me....I'm fearful.  I'm afraid that I will not love my husband and children well, I'm afraid that my dreams for the future will disappear with the turning of the year, I'm afraid that I won't grow in grace but that I will stagnate.  I don't  want 2012 to be the year of fear, I want it to be the year of expectation, the year of intentionality, the year that doesn't just disappear but is one to remember.

Here's to 2012, the year of expectation!

No comments:

Post a Comment